Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Day Waffles...Getting Creative with Leftovers

Who says waffles need to made with waffle batter?

     I know I've been away from my blog for a long time and I decided to get back to it without over thinking everything.  So, here is my first back to blogging post. Me getting creative with Thanksgiving day leftovers.  First up, the Thanksgiving Waffle!  It was my daughters idea.  It was delicious. I'm hooked. Here it is....
This is the finished product.  See how to make it on the pictures below.

Top Left...Take about two cups of leftover dressing/stuffing and add one raw egg to it and combine.  The mixture does not have to be super smooth, just incorporated nicely with the egg.  Add dressing mixture into waffle well, filling all corners and gently press to form with your fingers. Close heated waffle iron and let it cook for about 5 minutes or until golden like the picture on the top right.  Bottom left...add cranberry sauce (yes, mine is canned Ocean Spray) and then add your turkey on top of that.  Keep scrolling for the rest.

Drizzle lovingly and generously with gravy and try not to drool on it in the process.

Add green onions.

Sprinkle with dried cranberries or Craisins, like I did. And add a side of deviled eggs sprinkle with smoked paprika.

A close up for your viewing pleasure!  Trust me, this is yummy!  Add your own variations to it to make it your own and I promise you will be pleasantly surprised and if you're not, get your taste buds checks.  That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment