Monday, March 11, 2013

"The Kimchi Chronicles" Part 1...Bibimbap and Banana Milk

Now that I have turned off my cable service and am just using public tv, huluplus and Netflix I have been discovering new programs and documentaries and I love it!  I'm saving money and I learned that I could actually survive without cable.  While browsing huluplus I got reacquainted with "The Kimchi Chronicles," a wonderful program with host Marja and her husband, French chef Jean Georges.  I watched almost every episode and fell in love with Korea and Korean cooking. I suggest you give a look, you will learn a lot.  And Marja looks like Queen Latifah! Here is one of my favorites Bibimbap and Banana Milk. Enjoy!  I'll share the link at the bottom of the post as opposed to typing it out. I'm a little short on time because I have those 4 kids that like to have my "undivided" attention.  Ha!


The veggies...mung bean sprouts, fern, mushrooms, carrots and squash.  The fern can be found in an Asian market or just use whatever veggies you want. Not pictured is the soy protein and sauteed spinach.

I got the Dolsot pot at the Korean market, heated the pot on a low flame for 15 minutes, added sesame oil and then the rice and all the toppings. Put the lid on and let sit for 5 minutes so the rice can get nice and crunchy on the bottom.

I also added spinach and an over easy egg for the hubby. The meat like substance is soy protein.

All mixed with hot pepper paste added aka Gojuchang.

Banana milk is simple....take 1 pint of milk (your choice) I used almond milk, 1 ripe banana, 1 tsp vanilla extract, dash of cinnamon and a tsp of sugar. Blend and enjoy!

Recipe for Bibimbap http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/bibimbap

I love Maangchi!  Watch all her videos and you will learn a ton about Korean Cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment