Saturday, March 24, 2012

In the beginning. Well, sort of...

<><>
My homemade version of the "Big Mac."

Coconut Pineapple Milkshake with a slice of Pineapple Upside Down Cake blended in!  Yum!
I decided that the first two pics on the blog should be of a burger and milkshake from my kitchen.  The Big Mac was inspired by the fact that they tasted so much better when I was kid and I was sure that I could make them better.  I hopped on the computer and googled the secret sauce recipe and the adventure began.  It was so delicious and this really opened my eyes to the fact that I could make many foods that I have enjoyed at restaurants at home and for a lot less money per serving.  Aside from that, it usually tastes a lot better.

The Milkshake was inspired from our annual beach vacation where we always frequent the ice cream shop on the boardwalk that mixes in a whole slice of pie or cake into the milkshake.  I had a tub of coconut pineapple ice cream, some milk and some leftover pineapple upside down cake and that is when the above milkshake was born.  It was so rich and decadent and will be certainly something I have at least once a year.  That isn't to say that I won't be experimenting with other flavors.

The "textbooks" side of this blog will include some homeschooling adventures and life on our 2 acre "ranch" and my pursuit of becoming the country farmer girl that I never was and never knew I wanted to be.  I have already begun canning and jamming and hope to start planting soon. 

I can't say that this blog will be perfectly organized and always grammatically perfect or even close to it (I focus enough on that during school hours) but I hope it will be interesting and real and warrant a few LOL's!  Was that a run on sentence?  See, I'm already worried that some grammar and writing super person is at home proofreading this and wagging their finger at me. Oh well, enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. yay Angela!! I love it! Excited about your adventures to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i luv luv luv luv luv luv luv luv spoil alert luv!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job mommy i am so addicted 2 your fantastic website its super culs




    Alexandra Anagho

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly love your website! Count me in as a follower! I want to be just like you when I grow up! Lol!

    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really love your all the foods that you make they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete