Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day Six (6)...LOT, TMOT...Pregnant?? Really?! MILKSHAKE!!!

The "No, I'm not pregnant just a little fat milkshake..."


On this busy Saturday there was not much going on in the kitchen.  Our family had a full day of activites planned.  A mother daughter tea party at noon, a baby shower, abirthday party and a whole lot of driving back and forth.  We spent over 3 hours just driving here and there, picking up and dropping off.   My plan for today was to start a collage project that I discovered on Pinterest but I completely forgot at the time that I wouldn't be home much today.  I guess that will wait until Monday because Sunday is not a day for craft projects around my house.  It's church in the morning and then chill out time for the rest of the day.

Before the craziness that was our day began, my hubby suggested we go to this restaurant called, "Al Carbon."  He had gone there last week and had a steak and eggs breakfast and wanted to take us there.  It's a little hole in wall and the food is cheap and good. I took pics of course!  And because I didn't want the kitchen to feel totally abandoned today after showing it so much love with my 3 batches of jam yesterday, I decided to concoct a milkshake in honor of two women.  Two women who asked me if I was pregnant today.  I know, devastating isn't it?  One of the ladies even told me, "you better get it together because no man likes a woman who isn't in shape."  I very calmly let her know that I was just the mother of 4 big babies all delivered by c-section and the most recent just 8 months ago and that I was going to pretend I didn't hear that and walk away.  I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  Oh well, I guess I better look into that gym membership again.  And so I name this the, "No, I'm not pregnant just a little fat milkshake." 




 The ingredients for the "No, I'm not pregnant just a little fat Milkshake."
Chocolate ice cream, milk, Snickers, Butterfingers, mini morsel chocolate chips, Oreos, Nutella and peanut butter filled pretzels.

 Place all of this yummy goodness in a blender.  One cup of milk, 4 mega scoops of ice cream or more and blend.  Add in your pretzels, chocolate chips, oreos, tbsp of Nutella, 3 snack sized Snickers and a half of a Butterfinger.  Add as little or as much as you like.  Blend again.

 Throw in chunks of even more of this yumminess, stir and eat!  Spoon recommended.

 Thanks to my family who helped me consume this very decadent and satisfying concoction.  We stand in solidarity against the oppressors! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment