Monday, April 2, 2012

Day Seven (7)...Donut Breakfast Sandwich and Fruit!

It's the end of my experiment and I'm quite pleased with the results.  I know technically yesterday was the last day but I didn't have time to post.  It was just one of those days.  We started the morning with hubby going out and bringing a dozen donuts home when he was only supposed to be buying diapers.  Doesn't he know I'm still reeling from the "are you pregnant" comments?  Needless to say, as he was rushing out to church and was in need of being fed, I needed to get him something quick.  I was going to the later service with my younger daughter so I had time to kill.  Well, in honor of Paula Deen, I cut the donut in half, toasted the inner side and topped it with a sausage patty and a fried egg with cheese.  I know, I know, I can hear the whispers of disapproval but it was a first and I just thought it would be fun.  I have seen her show several times where she makes a cheeseburger this way and I just really thought it was a great time to experiment. 

Later in the day, I cut up the my melons, mangoes, pineapple and some other veggies and did a combination of juicing and blending. After I juiced, I put the juice in the blender and added the mango and pineapple. Yummy.  I also took some of the fruit to a friends house where we were having a little pow wow.  And the top of pineapple I put in water to start to grow my pineapple (a project I saw on Pinterest but we'll talk about that later).  So here are a few pics from yesterday including one at the end with what I have left.  Enjoy and I'm going to hit the sack.  The whole family is feeling a little bit under the weather.  God bless!



Donut Breakfast Sandwich
1 glazed donut from your favorite bakery
1 fried egg
1 slice of American or Cheddar cheese
1 sausage patty or breakfast meat of your choice

Slice your donut in half and put in a dry skillet on med heat and toast the inside part of the donut.  Top glazed side with the fried egg and melted cheese and top with your breakfast meat.  Place one half of the donut bun on top, transfer to a plate and enjoy!

 Donut deliciousness.  Warning: eating this on a regular basis will cause weight gain and a host of other issues.  Everything in moderation. :)  And remember, sticky/glazed side in.


 The last major bit of my abundance of produce.  I really think that if I hadn't done this 7 day experiment that a lot of this would have ended up in the trash can.  I am certainly more aware of ways to enjoy a little of this and too much of that.


I have two sweet potatoes left that I will use to make a sweet potato hash or I will use it for baby food.  The clementines will be eaten just as they are and the overripe bananas will be peeled and frozen to use in smoothies.


No comments:

Post a Comment